Drinking distilled water is good for your family’s health, your pocketbook and the environment. AquaNui water distillation systems produce up to 12 gallons of pure water in your home on a daily basis and come in models to suit every need from countertop to automatic.
Distilled Water and Your Family’s Health
You read food labels and keep dangerous chemicals in locked cupboards. In short, you do everything you can to protect your family from dangerous contaminants. So can we ask you a question? What’s in your water?
Though you can’t see, taste or smell most of them, more than 85,000 contaminants can be found in the water supply. These contaminants may be affecting you and your family. Waterborne contaminants have been linked to:
- Birth defects — A study released by Texas A&M has identified a link between nitrate pollution in water and crippling birth defects. The study explains how contaminated water can cause spina bifida, cleft palate, and missing limbs in newborns. Distillation removes nitrates from water.
- High blood pressure — Barium, a silvery-white metal found in the environment, may damage the heart and cardiovascular system and is associated with high blood pressure in laboratory animals. Drinking distilled water, which meets EPA standards, is associated with little or no risks posed by barium.
- Alzheimer’s Disease — Research by neuroscientists at the University of Rochester Medical Center and presented at the 2007 annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience shows that drinking tap water containing trace levels of copper may increase the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- More — Read our blog for more articles on health-related topics.
Vapor distillation, a form of water purification, is recognized by scientists and leading health practitioners as being the best method for removing harmful contaminants and creating high-purity, fresh drinking water. Water is critical to your body’s functions and consuming pure water is essential for good health and wellness. Health and nutrition experts, such as Dr. Michael Colgan, Dr. Peter A. Lodewick and Dr. Andrew Weil, prefer steam distillers to purify their water.
“I use a steam distiller to purify my water, because I believe distilled water is the cleanest you can get.” – Andrew Weil, M.D., author of The Healthy Kitchen
Remove Contaminants with Steam Distillation
The Hydrologic Cycle
|1.||Surface water evaporates as it’s warmed by the sun.||A heavy-duty, stainless steel, boiling tank with a 15-year limited warranty heats your source water, converts it to steam and purifies it.|
|2.||Water vapor gathers and condenses, forming clouds.||A high-quality stainless steel coil condenses purified steam.|
|3.||Freshly purified water descends as rain.||Fresh, high-purity distilled water collects inside a stainless steel storage tank right in your home.|
The outcome with AquaNui is fresh, high-purity water, just like Nature does it. In fact, the water is so pure a distilled water unit is perfect for laboratory settings as well as in the home. Read our blog — We have lots of articles explaining steam distillation.
Comparing Distillation to Other Water Purification Methods
You can find many options for purifying drinking water including filters and reverse osmosis. Steam distillation is most effective at removing contaminants from water. Independent labs have tested AquaNui Water Purifiers. The results show that our distillation systems, including the AquaNui™ Brand, effectively remove dissolved inorganic compounds from water and produce drinking water that’s 99.9% free of dangerous contaminants …
AquaNui™ Distillation Systems
A “✓” equals greater than 99.9% contaminant reduction. “Partially” indicates contaminant reduction by at least 50% but less than 99.9%. *Filter capacity to reduce contaminants diminishes as filter is used. Also, filters need to be replaced and cleaned frequently. **Data for premium advanced household RO models only. Some RO models will produce less results than noted here.
“There are a number of water purification technologies available. But of all the technologies, none is as effective as steam distillation.” – Al Meder, President, Pure & Secure
Reverse Osmosis and Carbon Filters Fail Over Time
Steam water distillers perform with greater effectiveness than do reverse osmosis systems and other filter-based systems right from Day One. And, they continue to perform effectively, long after reverse osmosis systems and carbon filter devices have had to have their filters replaced.
Typical carbon filter units (red) and reverse osmosis machines (yellow) require filter changes at 3 month and 6 month intervals respectively.
In the final analysis, steam distillation provides the best source of high-purity water.
- All filters, including reverse osmosis systems, simply do not provide effective results consistently over time.
- Carbon filters cannot remove radioactive elements, inorganic contaminants and biological threats, such as bacteria and viruses.
- Reverse osmosis filters do not remove viruses and only partially remove nitrates and bacteria.
- Only steam distillation produces high-purity water consistently over time and from location to location regardless of the incoming water.
Water and Your Pocketbook
Cost of one 8 oz. glass of treated water …
You are not paying extra to own a steam water distiller. You are paying less.
Figures include cost of the treatment system and electricity over the life of the machine. AquaNui distiller cost based on 10 cents/kilowatt-hour residential electrical rate for Lincoln, Nebraska. Bottled water price based on a leading bottled water brand and water delivery service available in Lincoln, Nebraska. The AquaNui distiller cost per glass is rounded up.
Water and The Environment
Bottled water is flooding our environment with wastes. Here are just a few of the sobering statistics from a recent article in the Huffington Post :
- Out of the 50 billion bottles of water being bought each year, 80% end up in a landfill, even though recycling programs exist.
- 17 million barrels of oil are used in producing bottled water each year.
- 1,500 bottles of water are consumed per SECOND in the U.S.
- It takes three times the volume of water to manufacture one bottle of water than it does to fill it, and because of the chemical production of plastics that water is mostly unusable.
Drinking distilled water is a responsible choice for the planet.
My Story — Why I’m So Passionate About Drinking Distilled Water
Al Meder, President of Pure & Secure, has been the figurehead of our company and a respected author and industry expert for decades. Why did Al invest in water treatment business 30 years ago? Read his answer.
Trusted Premium Water Distillers
AquaNui premium automatic water distillers and home water distilling equipment combine the best in design, performance and price. Stainless steel is the ideal material for a distiller and makes every AquaNui unit incredibly durable. AquaNui water distillers are modular and space-saving. They’re designed to fit your needs and your lifestyle.
It’s easy to configure an AquaNui water distiller for your home or office:
- Select the production capacity that fits your family or workplace.
- Pick a storage tank size.
- Choose your accessories and add-ons like one of our elegant faucets or a pump kit that allows you to dispense pure distilled water throughout your home or workplace.
AquaNui distillers are easy to install. A complete installation kits come with every AquaNui.
Why not improve your home’s water with an AquaNui today? It’s easy to do. If you need assistance, our customer service representatives are ready to help.
Call us today: 1-800-875-5915
- We have well-trained customer service technicians.
- Many of our customer service technicians have been with us for over 20 years.