Included With Your Distiller
In addition to your Pure Water AquaNui distiller, the distiller box contains:
- 1/4” compression nut (#9550)
- 15’ of 1/4” food-grade tubing (#9526-25R)
- VOC Pre-filter (#21048)
- Drain extension tube (#611)
- Owners Manual
- Warranty Card
- Power Cord*
The AquaNui Storage Tank box contains:
- Spigot (#95315)
- Spigot Seal (#144)
- Storage Tank Gasket (#6010)
- * power cord may not be included in some 240V units.
How Your Distiller Works
The Pure Water AquaNui is designed to produce high purity distilled water.
1500 Watt Heating Element ..... approximately 12 gallons per day.
The Pure Water AquaNui is a fully automatic unit. The water level in the boiling tank is controlled by a float and microswitches and the storage tank is controlled by level sensing probes.
The boiling tank operates on a modified batch approach. Feedwater is automatically added until a high level is reached and this triggers the heating element and fan to operate. This begins the distillation cycle.
As the unit distills, the water level in the boiling tank falls. When the water level gets close to the heating element, the low-level microswitch is triggered, causing feedwater to be added until the high level is reached. If, for some reason, no water enters the boiling tank when needed, the fan and heating element will turn off until the condition is corrected.
Once the storage tank is full of distilled water, the unit will automatically shut down. The AquaNui will begin distilling again once the water level in the storage tank drops by approximately 1.5 Gallons. It continues to operate until the storage tank is full again.
There are various storage tank options available. The standard sizes are 5 gallon capacity, 10 gallon capacity and 15 gallon capacity. Other specialty tanks are available. If additional storage is desired then additional tanks can be added to increase the total storage amount.
The distilled drinking water is drawn from the storage tank through a faucet on the front of the tank or through the optional pump. The AquaNui is equipped with a manual drain valve, which allows the residue from the boiling tank to be drained periodically.
Maintenance and Cleaning
Overall Maintenance Requirements
The following guide should be used for the maintenance of your distiller. The
timing will vary according to your local water conditions. It is your responsibility
to maintain your equipment. Without proper maintenance, your distiller may not
produce optimum results. The following is an average guide to maintenance:
Cleaning the Exterior
Use Stainless Steel Polish & Cleaner.
EVERY TWO WEEKS: Drain The Boiling Tank
Draining the Boiling Tank
The AquaNui has a manual drain valve that discards the contaminants and residue
out of the boiling tank when opened. This minimizes the build-up of scale in the
Important Note: If the unit is hot, turn the power OFF and allow it to cool before
draining the boiling tank.
- Turn the Power Switch to OFF.
- Turn the valve on the back of the AquaNui and allow the residue to drain into a
sink, drain or bucket.
- Close the valve.
- Turn the Power Switch to ON.
EVERY 3-6 MONTHS: Change the VOC Filter
Changing the VOC Filter
- Turn the Power Switch to OFF.
- Turn the water off at the wall valve.
- Disconnect the fi lter from the tubing.
- Connect the inlet tube to the inlet side of the new filter.
- Hold fi lter over a bucket or drain.
- Cycle water on and off several times until water from the outlet of the filter is clear.
- Connect outlet of fi lter to tubing.
- Turn water and power ON.
EVERY 3 MONTHS: Clean the Boiling Tank
Cleaning the Boiling Tank
Notes and Cautions:
Caution: Under no circumstances should the cleaning solution be heated and
run through a steam sterilization or distillation cycle.
Note: Failure to clean the boiling tank can result in scale build-up causing premature
heating element failure, as well as reduced purity of the distilled water due to
the possibilities of splash over of contaminants from the boiling tank.
To clean the boiling tank:
- Turn the Power Switch to OFF. If needed, allow the unit to cool.
- Drain the boiling tank (see instructions above).
- Remove the back panel of the distillation unit.
- Disconnect the boiling tank wire harness, inlet tube, and steam tube. Remove the
- Manually fi ll the boiling tank until the scale is covered by water.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Lumen® descaler to the boiling tank. Allow to sit overnight.
- Drain all of the water from the boiling tank.
- If needed, use a wet/dry vacuum to remove any remaining debris from the tank.
- Rinse the inside of the tank with fresh water.
- Reinstall the boiling tank and turn the power ON.
WHEN NEEDED: Sterilize the Storage
Steam Sterilization is a method of disinfecting your storage tank. The storage tank
must be empty before starting. To sterilize the storage tank:
- If you use the optional pump: Unplug the pump cord from the wall outlet.
- Use the storage tank faucet to completely drain the storage tank.
- Make sure the main power switch is ON.
- Place a cup or small bucket under the storage tank faucet, open faucet.
- Turn the fan switch to OFF. This will start a “Steam Sterilization” cycle. Steam will
now be produced in the boiling tank. The steam will pass through the coil, but not
be cooled. The steam will heat up and sterilize the storage tank. Allow the distiller
to run for 30-45 minutes.
- Turn the fan switch to ON.
- Close the faucet on the storage tank.
- Allow the unit to fill the storage tank and shut off .
- Optional Pump: Plug the pump into the wall outlet.